View and download the "Talking Trash" update and share with your family, friends, and neighbors.
ServicesThe Public Works Department delivers a vast array of services including the essential elements of delivering safe potable (drinking) water, wastewater (sewer) collection, and solid waste collection including garbage, recycling and monthly unlimited bulk trash pickup. Other services provided include:
- Maintenance of safe roadways, sidewalks, and rights of way
- Ongoing maintenance of existing storm water drainage facilities in compliance with our Federally mandated National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit (includes regular maintenance (cleanup) of waterways and lakes)
Public Works 24/7 Emergency Number: 954-561-6275
Customers who receive Broward County water can call: 954-831-3250
Dog Waste is an Environmental Pollutant
- There are bacteria, viruses and parasites in your dog's poop?--YUCK!
- The EPA has labeled dog waste as a non-point source pollutant, similar to herbicides, insecticides, oil, grease and toxic chemicals.
- Fecal coliform bacteria can cause intestinal illness and serious kidney disorders in humans.
Please fill out this online form if you know of a street light that needs to be repaired. If you are reporting a hazardous condition (other than a malfunctioning light) DO NOT use this form. Please call 1-800-4OUTAGE (1-800-468-8243). Residents can also report traffic signal malfunctions and damaged/down downed street signs online. To learn more, please call Broward County Traffic Engineering at 954-847-2600 or Oakland Park's Streets Division at 954-630-4433.
Public Works Divisions
- Building Maintenance
- Parks Maintenance
- Solid Waste