- Your Government
- City Commission
- Commissioner Letitia Newbold
Commissioner Letitia Newbold
Letitia Newbold was appointed to the Oakland Park Commission on March 1, 2023.
Letitia has been a resident of this beautiful, vibrant, diverse, and inclusive City of Oakland Park for 15 years. She was raised in a family that dedicated their lives and family-owned business to serve and impact the community. This encouraged her to remain actively involved in her community. She has strong leadership abilities to inspire others to work towards a common goal and a willingness to listen and engage others. Her effective communication skills allow her to communicate her ideas and concerns transparently to her colleagues and City residents.
Letitia looks forward to working with the City of Oakland Park.
Education and Experience:
Letitia received her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Phoenix in Business Management and, in 2020, she graduated with honors earning a Master’s degree in Criminal Justice from Nova Southeastern University.
She has been employed as a Senior Intellectual Property Patent Paralegal for over 20 years and worked for two major corporations in the Communications and Pharmaceutical industries. In this capacity, she manages portfolios in excess of 15 billion dollars.
Her experience and education provide her with a deeper understanding of the laws and policies that govern her community. As an appointed official, she plays an important role in serving as a liaison between the local municipality, the residents, and the business community, both internally and externally.
Community involvement is an important aspect of serving her community. It enables her to understand the needs and concerns of the city, as well as building relationships. Listed are her involvements:
- Lakeside Homeowners’ Association: An active member since 2018. Served as former Vice President 2019 - 2023
- City of Oakland Park Board of Adjustment: Former board member since 2021 - 2022
- City of Oakland Park Planning and Zoning Board: Alternate board member 2022 - 2023
- Eternal Light Ministries, Inc.: Board member since 2019
- Member of Oakland Park Kiwanis Club
- Member of American Legion Post 222
- Member of Dolphin Democrats
- Member of Black Caucus Democratic of Broward County
- Member of the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Member of National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Kids and the Power of Work (KAPOW): Volunteer
- United Way of Broward County Public Schools Reading Program: Reading Pals volunteer
Outside of the office, Letitia enjoys spending quality time with family, especially with her beautiful daughter, Tanasia. She loves traveling and cooking her family’s favorite meals in exchange for their smiles. She attends church regularly, and volunteers faithfully with the youth to enhance their reading skills. She also likes engaging with the various residents and business owners of the City of Oakland Park.