- Your Government
- Parks & Leisure Services
- Health and Wellness Classes
Health and Wellness Classes
Welcome to Oakland Park's Free Health and Wellness Classes!
We are thrilled to offer a variety of classes and programs to help you improve your health and well-being. Experienced instructors are dedicated to providing you with the knowledge and tools you need to lead a healthy and happy life.
Whether you want to get in shape, reduce stress, or take better care of yourself, we have something for everyone. Our free classes are open to all levels, so whether you are a beginner or an experienced practitioner, you will feel right at home in our welcoming community.
In order to take part in these activities, registration is required. You can contact the Parks and Leisure office at 954-630-4500 to register.
Classes are available to Oakland Park Residents two weeks prior to the activity date and to Non-Residents one week prior to the activity date.
Saturday, May 20, 2023 - 9:00 A.M. - Collins Community Center 3900 N.E. 3rd Ave., Oakland Park, FL 33334
- Take a break from the stresses of daily life with our Meditation Class at Collins Community Center. This class focuses on breathing and meditation techniques to relax the mind, body, and nervous system, releasing tension throughout the body.
Cardio & Walking Class
Saturday, JUNE 3, 2023 - 9:00 A.M. - Royal Palm Park 1701 N.W. 38th St., Oakland Park, FL 33309
- Get your heart pumping and body moving with our Cardio & Walking Class at Royal Palm Park. This 45-minute walking class allows participants to walk at their own pace, with active stretching, strength training, and mobility exercises executed throughout the walk. Designed for all ages and fitness levels, this class is the perfect set of low-impact aerobic exercises.
Saturday, JUNE 24, 2023 - 9:00 A.M. - Collins Community Center 3900 N.E. 3rd Ave., Oakland Park, FL 33334
- Join our beginner's Yoga Flow class at Collins Community Center, suitable for all levels of yoga. Focusing on breathwork to calm the mind, this class takes the body through a series of poses to strengthen and stretch. Relaxation is achieved through meditation for full mind-body restoration.
Weight Training Class
Saturday, July 8, 2023 - 9:00 A.M. - Wimberly Athletic Field 4000 N.E. 3rd Ave., Oakland Park, FL 33334
- Learn kettlebell basic movements while building athleticism and having fun in our 60-minute full-body interval training class at Wimberly Athletic Field. Suitable for all age groups and fitness levels, this is a fun class that promises to deliver a full-body workout.
Saturday, July 22, 2023 - 9:00 A.M. - Collins Community Center 3900 N.E. 3rd Ave., Oakland Park, FL 33334
- Experience the benefits of low-frequency vibration and sound healing with our Singing Bowls class at Collins Community Center. The sounds and frequencies from these bowls clear the mind, relax the body, and release tension, making them perfect for calming and relaxation.
Circuit Training Class
Saturday, August 5, 2023 - 9:00 A.M. - Wimberly Athletic Field 4000 N.E. 3rd Ave., Oakland Park, FL 33334
- Join us for a 60-minute full-body weight interval training workout at Wimberly Athletic Field. This class targets all muscle groups through dynamic and isometric movements. Core training and stretching are also included for a complete workout. Designed for all ages and fitness levels, this is a fun class that guarantees a full-body workout.
For more information call 954-630-4500