Vice Mayor Tim Lonergan
Date Elected: November 2022
Term Expires: November 2026
Vice Mayor Lonergan is grateful and proud to have another opportunity to serve the wonderfully diverse residents of Oakland Park. Born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Tim moved to Oakland Park in January 2000. He lives in the Coral Heights neighborhood with his husband and their cat, Tiger. Tim has worked for a national health insurance company since 1985 in the Medicare and Medicaid lines of business. Tim enjoys walking and biking. He also likes to spend time in his yard, a Wildlife Habitat certified by the National Wildlife Federation.
Vice Mayor Lonergan focuses on helping Oakland Park become a more affordable, desirable, and safer place to live, shop, visit, work, and play. He is dedicated and determined to see Oakland Park move successfully and prosperously into the future and believes it is important that we all work together to build a strong sense of community and pride citywide.
Tim believes in the importance of community involvement and is committed to volunteer service. He passionately works to help improve the quality of life throughout Oakland Park. Tim thinks Oakland Park has abundant opportunities to improve and thrive and become an even more enjoyable and desirable hometown.
The Commissioner firmly believes that together, we can and will continue to make a difference. If you want to discuss City business, he would love to hear from you. Send Tim an email or call him at 954-683-2658.
Experience & Community Service
- Area Agency on Aging of Broward County - Advisory Council Chairman since 2020
- Guardian ad Litem – 17th Judicial Circuit, since 2020
- Oakland Park City Commission – 3/2013-11/2020, Oakland Park Mayor 2016 & 2018
- Oakland Park Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) – Chair/Board Member 2013 - 2020
- Oakland Park General Employee Pension Plan – Board of Trustees 2013-2014
- Oakland Park Representative to the Broward County Resource Recovery Board 2013-2014
- Broward League of Cities - Board of Directors – 2016-2020, BLOC President in 2018
- Broward County Water Advisory Board – Board Member 2017-2020
- Broward County Climate Change Task Force – Task Force Member 2017-2020
- National League of Cities - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Local Officials (LGBTQLO) Board of Directors 2023 and 2019-2020
- National League of Cities - Race, Equality and Leadership (REAL) Council Member 2019-2020
- Broward County Racial Equity Task Force - Member
- James Club Recovery Foundation - Board of Directors
Acknowledgements & Accomplishments
- Graduate of the Oakland Park Local Government Academy (LGA) - Class of 2010. Tim has been the LGA Adopt-A-Street Coordinator since 2010
- Graduate of the Broward Leader Water & Climate Academy - Class of 2018
- Florida League of Cities - 2018 & 2020 Home Rule Hero
- Broward County Council of Professional Firefighters-2018 Municipal Leader of the Year
- Area Agency on Aging of Broward County - Volunteer of the Year - January 2023
- 2023 Hands-On Broward Community Impact Award recipient
- Oakland Park Volunteer Corp since 2008
- Friend of The Ethel M. Gordon Oakland Park Library
- Oakland Park Kiwanis