Residential Online Permitting
When submitting your residential permit application, please complete the following steps:
Online System Registration (all users must register)
Please Register Here at our CSS Portal. If you have already registered, please click here Version OptionsResidential Online PermittingHeadline
Contractor Registration (for Contractors ONLY)
Contractor of record must be registered with the City of Oakland Park. They may do so by submitting the Contractor Registration Form with all the listed required contractor documents (i.e. License, insurance, etc.) to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Permit Submittal Process
- Print & fill out the Broward County Uniform Permit Application as well as any other required forms and if required, submit one application for each discipline (sub-permit) - depending on the scope of work. Make sure all Documents are completely filled out signed and notarized.
- All plans requiring a design professional’s signature shall be digitally signed; digitally signing your design file protects the contents from being altered. Please do not add any additional/optional security from your PDF software or certification authority. “Locking” or “Restricting” the document before you submit the file can prevent us from opening and processing the document or stamping it for approval in our software. This results in lost time for us all and may require you to resubmit a new set of documents.
- If applying for an Owner-Builder permit, please read the requirements prior to applying, fill out, and submit the Owner Builder Disclosure Form with all the required documents.
- A recorded Notice of Commencement (NOC) will be required for any job value greater than $2,500; except permits related to heat and air-conditioning systems, which require an NOC when the job value is greater than $7,500. The NOC must be recorded thru Broward County prior to submitting to the City of Oakland Park.
- When submitting documentation- please submit all plan documents as one combined attachment. However, the Permit Application should be submitted as a separate PDF document. Plans and required documentation should only be submitted as PDF documents (other formats such as img, jpeg, tiff will not be accepted); all document attachments must be titled i.e. Application and Plans.
- All documents must be submitted thru the CSS Portal
- Additional permit application forms may be found here.
If you have any questions or require further assistance, please contact, The City of Oakland Park Building & Permitting Division by phone: 954-630-4350 or via email email@example.com
Thank you for cooperation and patience.