Youth Day Celebration
Youth Day Celebration - Est. 1957
The City’s signature celebration of its youth features Broward County’s longest-running parade led by elected officials, community groups, local schools and athletic teams.
This year’s parade – starts at Jaco Pastorius Park, proceeds south on Dixie Highway, turns west on NE 38th Street, north along NE 5th Avenue and finishes at the Wimberly Field Athletic Complex.
Immediately following the parade, the opening ceremonies will welcome everyone to this wonderful event featuring carnival rides, live music, delicious food and capping the day off, a fantastic fireworks show.
No entry fee. Wristbands for rides may be purchased in advanced for $15 or the day of the event for $20.
You can purchase your wristbands at the following locations:
Collins Community Center - Cash Only
- 3900 NE 3rd Ave, Oakland Park, FL 33334
- Monday – Friday
10:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Ethel M. Gordon Oakland Park Library - Cash Only
- 1298 NE 37th St, Oakland Park, FL 33334
Oakland Park City Hall - Cash Only
- 3650 NE 12 Avenue, Oakland Park, FL 33334
- Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- This year’s parade – starts at Jaco Pastorius Park, proceeds south on Dixie Highway, turns west on NE 38th Street, north along NE 5th Avenue and finishes at the Wimberly Field Athletic Complex.
- Road Closures will be taking place along parade route.
- Saturday, March 4, 2023
- Parade starts at 10:00 AM
- Activities at Wimberly Field start at 11:30 AM
- Parade starts at: Jaco Pastorius Park - 4000 N. Dixie Highway, Oakland Park.
- Parade ends at: Wimberly Field - 4000 NE 3rd Avenue, Oakland Park.
- Event Guidelines:
- No weapons, knives, firearms, or explosives are allowed
- You must be 21 years of age or older to purchase/ sample/consume alcohol
- Alcohol purchased or sampled on site may not be taken out of event area
- Children age 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Wristbands must be worn at all times (if applicable)
- Entry fee is non-refundable (if applicable)
- Video surveillance cameras and photographers are present.
- By entering this area you agree to be photographed, videotaped and/or recorded for any and all future use by the City of Oakland Park
- No outside foods or drinks allowed