Engineering and Building Services
PLEASE NOTE: The Building Services Office is operating on a normal schedule, but the lobby is temporarily closed to walk-in traffic to protect public health. Please schedule an appointment to visit Building Services for building & permitting, planning & zoning, fire prevention, and community enhancement.
The Engineering and Building Services team works to develop and implement technical solutions for the City’s Capital Improvement Projects from concept to funding, project management and construction completion, while involving stakeholders to minimize inconvenience to residents and restoring affected properties to an as good as or better condition.
City staff are available by phone and email and many services are available 24/7 online:
- Schedule an Inspection
- View Inspection Details
- View or Print Comments
- Make payments through EnerGov (permits submitted after Nov. 2019)
The City will continue to review and process existing building permits and inspections, but customers may experience delays with any applications being submitted to the City.
Effective Monday, March 23, 2020:
- Building inspections will continue as scheduled, though precautionary measures will be taken by Staff to limit exposure risks to all parties.
- All building permit applications and revisions must be submitted via email to email@example.com or dropped off outside the Engineering and Community Development building located at 5399 North Dixie Highway, Suite #3.
- Both email submission and plan drop off packages must include a filled out permit drop off form
- Drop off box will be open and accessible during normal business hours between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- All questions should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone call to 954-630-4350.
- All Business Tax Receipts and Certificate of Occupancy applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- In-person payments will be suspended.
- After completion of plan reviews and upon providing comments, plan reviewers may be contacted by phone or email. Their respective information will be provided on the plan review correction sheets.
- Online or over the phone payment options should be used where applicable.
- All other payments should be paid by check via mail.
The City sincerely apologizes for any inconveniences that may occur.
The Building and Permitting Division is dedicated to providing outstanding customer service while protecting the safety, health, and welfare of the citizens in the City of Oakland Park through the administration and enforcement of Building Codes to ensure a better built environment for all.