Utility Billing & Services

Welcome to the Utility and Billing Services information site. Our mission is to strive every day to deliver in a friendly, courteous, reliable, and responsible manner efficient and effective service that exceeds the expectations of our residents and businesses.

Starting New Utility Service

To establish service, please provide the following:
  • A copy of your closing (if you are the new property owner) or lease (if renting)
  • Completed Application to Open a New Water Account (PDF)
  • A state-issued photo identification
  • The applicable deposit as noted in the City Ordinance - all customers must prepay the deposit prior to opening an account
To expedite the process of starting new service, please forward information to Utility & Billing Services via email, fax or postal service. However, the initial payment of the security deposit must be made at City Hall.

Smart Water Metering Program

Oakland Park is working with Energy Systems Group (ESG) to develop energy efficiency and infrastructure solutions – the first phase of which is a Smart Metering Program. The meter infrastructure upgrades will enhance customer service, provide early leak detection, increase revenue, provide code compliance of backflow prevention, and reduce operation costs.

Visit the City's Smart Water Metering webpage to learn more or call 954-630-4280 with any questions or concerns. Smart Water Meter replacement update/map October 31, 2018.

Restarting Utility Service

If water service has been interrupted due to non-payment, please contact Utility Billing & Services at 954-630-4280 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays t0 have the service restored.

Emergency Contact Information

To report broken water mains, pipes or sewer issues, or for after hours emergencies, please call Public Works:
  • 954-630-4430 (During weekday business hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m)
  • 954-561-6275 (After hours emergencies between 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m.)
  • 954-561-6161 (BSO/Oakland Park District non-emergency number)

FPL Street Light Outage/Repairs and Damaged Street Signs

Please fill out this online form if you know of a street light that needs to be repaired. If you are reporting a hazardous condition (other than a malfunctioning light) DO NOT use this form. Please call 1-800-4OUTAGE (1-800-468-8243). Residents can also report traffic signal malfunctions and damaged/down downed street signs online. To learn more, please call Broward County Traffic Engineering at 954-847-2600 or Oakland Park's Streets Division at 954-630-4433.

Closing an Account

Please email, fax to 954-630-4285, or call 954-630-4280 your request in to discontinue service. The date of your move and forwarding address will be required. The security deposit will be applied to your account within 3 - 6 weeks to create a final bill. If the deposit covers the final bill, a refund will be mailed.

Helpful Information and Downloads